Have you had an abortion? Do you feel guilt or regret? Are you an abortion clinic worker or a man and assisted in an abortion? We can help.
An overwhelming number of studies now show women and men who have had or been involved in an abortion can suffer severe or moderate post-abortion trauma.
If you or someone you love is suffering from the grief that follows an abortion, there is healing. Sometimes the grief begins right away.
Sometimes the grief can be buried deep within our hearts for decades until the pain comes to light.
Wherever you are in your journey of healing, you’re not alone.
Some symptoms following an abortion can include depression (moderate or extreme), feeling alone, low self-esteem, feelings of guilt (moderate or extreme), inability to forgive yourself, regret, isolation, nightmares, drug or alcohol abuse, and suicide or suicidal thoughts.
If you would like to take the first step in healing from the pain that abortion has caused, we’re here for you. There are many healing retreats here in Illinois that are confidential, loving, and judgement free. Trained counselors can help you heal the suffering in your heart.
- Project Rachel is a ministry to help women and men heal from abortion. Take a look around their website. There are many chapters right here in Illinois. When you’re ready, give them a call. No commitment necessary. Just talk. You will be so glad you did.
- Silent No More is an organization of women and men who have had or been involved in an abortion and suffered traumatic post-abortion stress. Through their journey of healing, they’ve shared their personal stories to help you heal. Don’t hesitate to reach out to them. You deserve to feel strong again and Silent No More can help you do just that.
- Restore After Abortion is an Illinois based organization that provides free and confidential post-abortion care and post-abortion support services to women, men, and teens. These caring professionals are committed to helping those touched by abortion along a journey of hope and healing, and many of them have personally experienced abortions themselves. Their offices are located in the DuPage County area and surrounding communities. If you need healing or someone to talk to, call their helpline.
- Deeper Still is an organization, based in Tennessee, with chapters throughout the U.S., including a chapter in Central IL. This is an evangelical healing ministry for both men and women, with retreats offered free of charge.
- Surrendering the Secret (STS) is a post-abortion recovery outreach program with many groups located through out the country and several in Illinois. The program utilizes an 8-step biblical study modeled by women who have been exactly where you are. You can find the Surrendering the Secret book study here.
- If you are an abortion clinic worker and are considering leaving, we can help. Confidential, loving, support is just a click away. And Then There Were None is an organization run by a former abortion clinic worker who left the abortion business after seeing an ultra sound of a unborn baby during an abortion. After leaving, she never looked back. She’s now here to provide you with the resources to find a positive, life-affirming career outside the abortion business. Give them a call.
If you are in need of assistance and would like to be connected to a healing ministry, please call Illinois Right to Life at 312-422-9300 or email us at info@IllinoisRightToLife.org. All communication will be kept confidential.