Illinois Right to Life
Chicago, IL 60606
Illinois Right to Life is seeking a communications manager who is a consummate storyteller, thrives on challenges, is deadline-driven, keeps up with the latest communications/social media trends, and is passionate about the pro-life cause.
We are a growing pro-life organization dedicated to protecting innocent human life from conception until natural death. Our work includes advocacy, direct aid to women and families in crisis, and education–all utilizing the latest technology. We are a non-sectarian, non-partisan organization and are committed to winning Illinois for life.
Our offices are located in the Chicago Loop just two blocks from Union Station. We are currently operating on a 3-2-2 schedule (M-W in office, work from home on R-F, usual weekends). This is a full-time position. Occasional evening and weekend work is required for events and breaking news.
- Manage all IRL social media accounts;
- Create social media plans and manage growth/comments/messages of all platforms,
- Run IRL Hub and spread IRL message to other facebook groups;Manage IRL website;
- Draft press statements, fundraising appeals, marketing copy, and other internal and external communications pieces;
- Develop and maintain communications calendar;
- Take pictures for social media, presentations, and website at events;
- Assist in the development of marketing campaigns and materials;
- Maintain press list and relationships with reporters;
- Manage the IRL blog;
- Manage IRL’s Life Chat podcast;
- Manage IRL’s Weekly Newsletter;
- Manage social media ambassador program;
- Be on call for time-sensitive communications;
- Maintain brand integrity;
- Daily operations as needed (answering phone calls, e-mail inquiries, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong belief in and dedication to IRL’s mission: To advocate for and educate on the value of all human life regardless of size, gender, race, age, or level of ability. Every day we work to make abortion, infanticide, assisted suicide, and euthanasia unthinkable;
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or a related field. Job experience may be substituted for a degree;
- Strong knowledge of all social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok;
- Knowledge of WordPress preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Photography experience preferred but not required;;
- Strong editing and proofreading skills;
- Graphic design experience preferable, but not required;
- Proactive, goal-oriented, and extremely responsive;
- A team-player with a strong work ethic and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
Please send cover letter including a statement of your pro-life beliefs and salary requirements as well as a resume and two writing samples to [email protected] by May 7, 2022.