Current Action Opportunities:
New and extreme abortion bills put Illinois babies, vulnerable women, and underage girls at risk.
– Creates a “right” to abort a baby, through all nine months of pregnancy, for any reason, without restriction.
– Allows non-doctors to perform surgical abortions.
– Mandates all private health insurance plans cover abortions without restriction.
– Removes protection for hospitals, physicians, and nurses who refuse to participate in abortions.
– Repeals the Illinois Parental Notification law, which required that a physician inform the parent or legal guardian of an underage girl before giving her an abortion.
THE TIME TO TAKE ACTION IS NOW.
- Call your state representatives and tell them to vote NO on HB 2495 and HB 2467. Find your legislator here: https://www.illinoispolicy.org/maps/illinois-house/
- Attend the rally on March 20th at the State Capitol in Springfield and voice your opposition. See more info, here: https://www.facebook.com/events/2006468226074621/
For more information, email Illinois Right to Life at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312.422.9300.