Do you have a story to share?
Perhaps you were in an unplanned pregnancy and chose life?
Maybe you had an abortion and you’re on your journey to healing?
Perhaps abortion, or another life-issue, has impacted your life and left an imprint on your heart.
This is an opportunity for you to share your story with others and help other women and men, who may be in similar situations. Please help us build our powerful collection of stories and personal testimonies by sharing yours.
Your story can not only inspire and bring hope to others, but it could also save lives.
If you submit your story to us, following the guidelines below, we will aim to publish and share your story. For your and our safety, here are a few (just a few) legalities –
Please understand that we reserve the right not to include your submission in our website or other media for reasons that may include, but are not limited to, safety, privacy, legal and/or other reasons.
All content submitted by you to Illinois Right to Life becomes the property of Illinois Right to Life and in submitting your story/ media content you give full authority to Illinois Right to Life to use and refer to your submission without restriction. You also give full authority to Illinois Right to Life to make grammatical edits to your story to ensure clarity. In submitting your article/ media to Illinois Right to Life you accept that you have read and understood our disclaimer.
All done. Now that that’s over…
Here’s how you can submit your story.
- Word limit: Try to keep your story within 500-800 words.
- Tone: As an educational organization, we strive to maintain an empathetic, understanding, compassionate tone, while telling the truth and the facts. We ask that you please try to do that as well.
- Topic: How a certain life-issue or life related decision (abortion, adoption, physician assisted, etc. … the list goes on) impacted your life, and your message to others.
- Format: Story-telling.
- Dedication: Feel free to dedicate your story to someone.
- Anonymity: You have the choice to submit your story with your name, part of your name, or you can decide to remain anonymous. (Please note: If we publish your story and you choose to remain anonymous, we may give you an alias.)
- Speak from the heart!
- Use complete sentences and paragraphs.
- Edit your work. Use proper grammar to the best of your ability.
Go to the link below, scroll down to “Submission” and fill in all the required fields. Then click submit!