Our tax dollars shouldn’t fund the killing of innocent children. Sign our petition to demand Planned Parenthood of Illinois return the millions of dollars it received in Paycheck Protection Program loans.
Many affiliates of Planned Parenthood Federation of America wrongly collected loans from the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), including Planned Parenthood of Illinois, which filed for and received between $2 to $5 million in PPP loans.
The Paycheck Protection Program was created by Congress to provide relief for small businesses with fewer than 500 employees during the Covid-19 crisis. These federally-funded loans were never meant to benefit large organizations like Planned Parenthood, which has over 16,000 employees.
Additionally, given the fact that Planned Parenthood has an annual budget of over $1 billion, the Small Business Administration affiliation rules made it clear that Planned Parenthood was never eligible to apply for, let alone receive, the PPP money.
As many small businesses struggled to make ends meet during the state-wide lockdowns, Planned Parenthoods carried on with business as usual, performing thousands of surgical abortions every week all while using up limited personal protective equipment.
It’s time for all Planned Parenthood affiliates, including Planned Parenthood of Illinois, to admit they were in the wrong and return the PPP money.
Sign our petition, which calls on our legislators to demand that Planned Parenthood of Illinois pay back the $2 to $5 million they took from the government.
- What unites Planned Parenthood, Kushner, and Kanye? PPP loans —NBC News
- Planned Parenthood affiliates improperly applied for and received $80 million in in coronavirus stimulus funds, feds say — Fox News
- Planned Parenthood received $80 million in PPP loans. Now, the SBA wants it back. — CBS News
- Payroll Protection Recipients include thousands in Illinois — Daily Herald
- Search the employers receiving PPP loans in Illinois — Chicago Sun Times