Watch The Video
Spread The Word
The 2016 March for Life Chicago
The 2016 March for Life of Chicago was in fact the LARGEST PRO-LIFE EVENT IN THE MIDWEST, despite the chilly temps. Click here for a recap of what happened on January 17, 2016, in downtown Chicago. It was truly a day that Midwest pro-lifers will never forget!
Join Us on January 17, 2016
WHEN: Sunday, January 17, 2016, 2pm – 4pm Central
WHERE: Federal Plaza 50 W. Adams Street, Chicago
WHO: We are an annual event composed of people from diverse ethnic, social, and religious backgrounds dedicated to defending & protecting all human life. Pro-life individuals and groups from all across Illinois as well as Wisconsin and Indiana will march together in hope and love.
For more information, or if you would like to obtain a coordinator’s packet for the event, please contact our Program Manager, Regina D’Amico, at 312-422-9300 or via email at Regina@IllinoisRightToLife.org.
To download a bulletin insert/flier with location and speaker information, click here. To download a bulletin insert/flier with basic information, click here for an English, Spanish, or Polish translation.
ROUTE: We will begin and end at Federal Plaza. The route is about 1.25 miles long. Snow will be cleared to accommodate wheel chairs.
Emily Zender, Executive Director of the Illinois Right to Life & President of the March for Life Chicago
Melissa Ohden, Abortion Survivor
Archbishop Blase Cupich, Roman Catholic Archbishop of Chicago
Bishop Paul of Chicago, Orthodox Church of America
Pastor Corey Brooks, New Beginnings Church of Chicago
Eareen James “EJ” Yambao, Students for Life Illinois Student Leader
Dan Kulp, Comedian and father of 3 adopted children
U.S. Representative Randy Hultgren, 14th Congressional District of Illinois, Republican Party
and a personal testimony.
There are several parking garages in the area. There is parking immediately south of the Federal Plaza. There is also a parking garage on Monroe between LaSalle and Wells. You can also meter park on LaSalle and Wells (check to see if you have to pay).
Here are a few suggestions for making online reservations at nearby parking garages:
Parking Panda: You can view local parking availability and pricing through this online parking reservation company here. Parking Panda is giving March for Life Chicago participants a 10% discount on reservations by using the promo code MARCH10 at checkout. Furthermore, a percentage of your purchase will be donated to the March for Life Chicago.
Spothero: You can find parking availability and pricing at a wide variety of locations through this online parking reservation company here. Lower parking rates may also be obtained by reserving parking through this website.
Blue Line: This line has the nearest stop at Jackson Blvd., which will drop you on the Federal Plaza.
Red Line: Get off at the Jackson stop – follow the pedway to the blue line and it will drop you in the same spot.
Green Line: This will stop at Adams/Wabash, after which you can take a short walk east, down Adams, to Dearborn and take a left to bring you to the Plaza.
Orange Line: Get off at the Harold Washington Library, near State/Van Buren. Walk east on Van Buren to Dearborn, and make a right. Walk to Jackson Blvd.
Brown, Pink, and Purple Lines: These all make a stop at Adams/Wabash. Get off here and walk east down Adams St. Take a left onto Dearborn St. Your destination will be on the right.
If you get lost, no worries! Just follow the music to the Federal Plaza.
Metra: All lines end in Chicago. Take the Metra all the way into the Chicago. If you come in on Union Station or Ogilvie, it’s about a 7 block walk to the Federal Plaza at Adams & Clark.
Buses: Here are a few options:
USA Bus Charter: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800)-979-4498 ext.102. Be sure to say you are with the March for Life Chicago.
Tristate Travel: Call (800)-779-4869. Be sure to say you are with the March for Life Chicago.
Your local school bus company may offer an affordable alternative as well.
Some local churches and organizations also have available seats on their buses for anyone who is interested:
- If you are looking for a bus ride from the western suburbs of Chicago, IL, St. John Neumann Catholic Church in St. Charles has available seats. If you are interested, please visit the link here.
- The Palatine March for Life is going to Chicago! The St. Theresa/St. Thomas Respect Life Team has chartered coach buses from St. Theresa in Palatine so you can easily bring the whole family. There are great events planned at St. Theresa beforehand beginning with a special mass at 10:00 am, followed by a FREE hot dog lunch, provided by the Knights of Columbus and Ladies Auxiliary. Tickets are $5 per person if you mail in a form. Print one at NorthWest Families for Life or register on-line here ($1 processing fee will apply for each on-line ticket). Contact Maria Goldstein at 847-651-4877 or NWFL526@gmail.com.
- The Northern Illinois District of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod Life Ministry has organized busses from four suburban locations to the March for Life Chicago. They are opening transportation to the general pro-life community. Busses are leaving from St. Peter Lutheran Church, 111 W. Olive St. in Arlington Heights at 12:15 p.m., St. Paul Lutheran Ministry Center, 55 Constitution Dr. in Aurora at 11:45 a.m., the Northern Illinois District office, 2301 S. Wolf Rd. in Hillside at 12:30 p.m. or a newly added bus departing from St. Paul Lutheran Church, 330 W Highland Dr. in Chicago Heights at 1 p.m. Cost for round-trip bus ride is $20 ($10 for the Chicago Heights bus) and includes a red Lutherans For Life hat. Bring money for dinner at downtown eatery before return ride. Call Kris Blackwell at 630.234.1491 to reserve your seat. Space is limited.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please ask your bus company for parking information. The Chicago Department of Transportation and the local Alderman’s office recommends buses park on Canal Street between Roosevelt and 14th St. There is an idling bus location on Canal Street. It is just street parking, which is available to whoever gets there first. Also, passengers can be dropped off at the corner of Adams and Dearborn (directly in front of Federal Plaza!).
Signs: We encourage you to bring your own signs! We will have official March for Life Chicago signs on a first come first serve basis. However, our signs tend to disappear in about 15 minutes.
Families: The March for Life Chicago is a family friendly event. Accommodations: The route for the March is all wheel chair accessible.
After party: Details Coming Soon!
The March for Life of Chicago is presented by:
L.E.A.R.N. – Life Education and Resource Network
A special thank you to Spirit Juice Studios for being so dang cool. The March for Life Chicago is sponsored by:
In January 2015, 4,000 pro-lifers streamed through the streets of downtown Chicago to stand for life in the largest Chicago March for Life ever. Marching on the streets and right in front of major media, such as the Chicago Tribune, WGN TV, and ABC7 TV, the Chicago March for Life spread the message of life to over 600,000 people!
This January 17th from 2-4pm, starting in Federal Plaza, we will march again.
Emily Zender, president of the March for Life Chicago board, says, “With last year’s momentum, we are planning for the largest crowd ever!”
Will you chip in so we can make this a success? We’re here to show that one of the most pro-abortion cities in the country can lead one of the most successful, fun and loving marches to defend pre-born children and their mothers. Remember Illinois’ politicians are watching us. We need your help to show them how strong the Illinois pro-life movement is!
Here’s what you can do to help:
1. Donate here, or make a check out to “March for Life Chicago” and mail it to
Illinois Right to Life
P.O. Box 511
Chicago, Il 60690
2. Become a sponsor by donating using the link or address above.
Donations equal to or greater than $500 will qualify you as a “Supporter” of the March for Life Chicago and you will be listed on our website.
Those who make donations equal to or greater than $1000 will be included on our March for Life Chicago letterhead and website as a sponsor of the event.
3. Share your enthusiasm and participation!
Suggested Tweets / Facebook status:
“I just donated to the March for Life of Chicago, you should too!”
“I donated $$ to show the nation Chicago is pro-life! #March4LifeChi”
“Being pro-life is cool no matter what political party you are.”
“Heck yes! Chicago is pro-life!”
“Thank you @March4LifeChi: I skipped my latte to help a woman skip her abortion!”
“Every life is precious! Thank you @March4LifeChi for inspiring me to stand up!”
“Life’s a party! I donated to the March for Life Chicago so everyone can participate!”